Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sabotage!

Well, we figured it would happen, and last night, the Obama yard sign in front of my parent's house was stolen. In fact, all the Obama signs in the neighborhood were taken. Conversely, all the McCain yard signs are still in tact. This is no shock to us which is why we only put one of the two signs we had out in the yard in the first place. So, we will be putting our other sign out today. A phone call to the police was made to notify them of trespassing and of the consequences the trespasser may face if caught in our yard again! I think it is disgusting that any person (no matter which candidate they support) would go on someone else's private property and vandalize and/or remove property that does not belong to them. I am truly rather nervous about what may happen on Tuesday or Wednesday. Either way the election goes, there may be backlash from the public. Particularly in the case of fraudulent behavior and sabotage. There are many reports of difficulty at the polls of those states that have early voting. I can only imagine what will be going down on Tuesday. I hope that this election will be able to take place in a fair and balanced matter. Whoever wins, wins. Period. My brothers voted last night after approximately a five hour wait in very cold weather. Not one person in line complained. They all felt proud to do their civic duty. It would be a shame for all the people in our country to go through the great strides they will go through to vote, only to have fraudulent behavior spoil the electoral process. I hope we all do our part to know our rights and volunteer wherever necessary to be sure that each and every vote is not only counted, but allowed to be cast and expressed freely.

UPDATE: Just FYI - After returning home to Philly, I was informed by my hubby that both of our Obama signs had been stolen from our yard. In addition, our Obama car magnet was stolen directly off the back of our car, which is just extra creepy. This was very upsetting to me and I immediately went to the Obama HQ and got new signs. I have cooled down now and just remind myself that this is a desperate attempt by people who are seeing themselves losing an election. It will not change a single vote. I will not get angry any longer. It is what it is.


No comments: