Monday, November 24, 2008

I've been tagged!

I must say, prior to this morning, I had no idea what that meant in the blog world. Apparently being "tagged" is sort of like those emails you get from friends about "getting to know each other" type of stuff. Only its on blogs. I think this is a very cute concept and I am honored that my childhood friend Jenn tagged me. I'm a little nervous because I think I'm going to do something wrong since the blog rules are probably different from the email rules. Since I pretty much have hardly anyone who actually follows my blog, I'm getting over it pretty quickly. Plus, it's any easy post. I chose that pic above because 1) I'm sort of OCD about having a picture accompany each post and 2) it was in Jamaica, my absolute favorite place I've been to which may be a question in the survey. So, here it goes.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My dad, Jessie
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Oh man, I cry so much. I think it was Friday that was the last time in a moment of feeling overwhelmed.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No. I'm always wishing it was better.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ew ew ew. I hate lunch meat with a passion. I don't like any "meat" that is cold. I can eat a grilled chicken sandwich or a grilled cheese panini type sandwich, but not a cold cut sandwich.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes , well a kid, but I want more for sure.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? of course i would! I’m awesome. (I borrowed this answer from Jenn)
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Of course.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS. Yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Been there and done that. Now I have a daughter and a husband to think about, so I don't think I would do it now.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? This is a tough one. I've been sort of off of cereal lately, but the last cereal I was very into was Grape Nuts Trail Mix with the almonds and raisins. I like cereals with raisins.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically: I used to be stronger, but I'm working my way back up. Emotionally: Hmmm....I would like to think I am. I know that I said I cry alot (and I do), but I handle a lot of things and come through them pretty well.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Hmmmm...another hard one. I like coffee flavored ice cream...ice cream with pralines...and oreos. But, not all in the same ice cream.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I think maybe teeth or a cute pair of shoes.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink. I like both colors, but I'm definitely a pink girl. The guy who checked my bag at the airport chuckled and called me girly when he pointed out that my cell phone, camera, ipod and all the cases for each item were pink. I didn't even realize that myself.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I’m lazy & I procrastinate. Is that the same thing?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I guess I will say girlfriends. I haven't had any real girlfriend hang out time in a LONG time!
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Am I sending this? I must have missed the instructions. Now I’m all stressed out. (i left this as it was written from Jenn...it is exactly how I feel too!).
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Barefoot
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? the part of aliyah's breakfast that she didn't eat. That is a bad mommy habit that I have found myself falling into.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?Aliyah playing with her toys.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I've answered this alot and my answer never changes (don't laugh Jenn)...I would be a pink crayon encrusted with Swarovski crystals. That would be just perfect. It would be a collector's edition crayon!
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? My husband's cologne and deoderant. I know that is weird, but it smells great! I also like the smell of laundry out of the dryer and cookies baking in the oven.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My friend Tanine...she is coming here from NY for Thanksgiving!
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, very much! I'm so happy that after all these years I can still call her my friend.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I guess football because it makes my husband very happy. Even though I usually am playing on the computer or sleeping while he watches.
27. HAIR COLOR? Black
28. EYE COLOR? Dark Brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? I love Italian food and lately I've been on a mexican kick...quesadillas, enchiladas, yum! Also, I really love to have soup and sandwich. It is probably one of the best meals...a panini and some tomato basil soup! Yes....mmm, i'm hungry now. I didn't answer that question well since I gave about fifty things, but it is an honest answer.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy ending. I'm a sucker for a happy ending in movies and in life.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? OMG, my husband made me watch this movie called Kite Runner. It was very traumatic and hard to watch, but it was interesting and a very good story. I heard that it is a great book, too!
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter, because I find summer way to hot these days and you can wear cute boots and sweaters in winter. But, my absolute favorite is Fall. I LOVE IT!!.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Again, I don't know. I'm realizing how very non-committal I am. I didn't know I was that bad. Okay, I like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and I love those molten chocolate cakes that are cooked on the outside and gooey in the center.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I don't know because not many people read my blog! Plus, Jenn already sent this to me so that counts her out. Hmmm....
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND. Pretty much everyone...hee hee!
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Eat, Pray, Love. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!! I've started it a few times now and I'm finally going to just sit and finish it.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don’t use a mouse pad. I use the little square on my laptop.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Some of the American Music Awards
42. FAVORITE SOUND. My daugther laughing (I got this one right this time Jenn! I read it correctly!)
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? I will have to say Beatles since I am more familiar with their songs. I'm not a real "fan" of either though.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I guess Hawaii since I live on the east coast now, but at the time we went I lived in California so that reall wouldn't be true then. In any case, I would like to say Jamaica becuase it was the BEST PLACE EVER!
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I don't think so. I consider myself to be a dancer but there is nothing special about that.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Phoenix, Arizona.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? I would be happy to see anyone's answers who responds.
how’s it gonna stop at 47? much too random. I need 3 more questions. (YOU are so right about this Jenn! Makes me feel like there ARE 3 more questions that got lost or choppped off somewhere!) To make myself and Jenn feel better I am adding 3 more questions:
48. What is the last CD you bought? Alicia Keys
49. What would your three wishes be? 1)to be the healthiest person, 2) to write a successful book, 3) a large, happy, and healthy family (I wanted to wish for things that are somewhat achievable...of course you can't wish for more wishes so didn't bother).
50. What are your hobbies? Dance, Decorating, Baking, Scrapbooking, and Shopping!

I tag: Stefanie, April, and Wise Owl. I don't know how to hyperlink their pages, but they know who they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! that was great. i always love your crayon answer (esp. compared to my "brown"heh). ok

1. i too find myself eating my kids' leftovers. in fact i have been known to eat the leftovers of OTHER PEOPLE'S kids (as long as they're not slimy)...i have no idea if this weirds people out of not. Growing up my family referred to me as "the human garbage disposal"...and my job was to clear the table..so yeah..

2. thx for filling in the last 3 questions. i don't feel like answering them all, but i will give you #48: "WOW worship" in 1999. Yes, i quickly tired of it's cheesiness but i was a new christian. Also, note the YEAR. CD??? seriously? ha. It's all off ITUNES these days. ;) other than the computer we don't even OWN a CD player.