Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to wish a happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I love this time of year. We are having friends and family over dinner and board games and I'm really looking forward to it. Our menu will include: Fried Turkey, Cornbread Dressing, Collard Greens, Butternut Squash Lasagna, Sweet Potato Casserole, Cranberry Relish, Dinner Bread Pudding with Pumpkin Cream Sauce, and Sparkling Apple Cider. That sounds good right??? MMMMMM. I love it. I also wanted to make Monkey Bread for breakfast, but there is just so much junk being eaten this week that I decided to wait a couple of days for that. I like the idea of having for Thanksgiving because you have to pull it apart and it feels very communal and family oriented to all pull a piece of the bread. I know that's corny, but I like it. I cannot wait to sit around our table and give thanks for all the blessings that the Lord has blessed us with. We are very fortunate and I'm very thankful for my life

Also, Aliyah enjoyed watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special which I think is very cool. My child is watching a cartoon that I enjoyed as a child? It is interesting to see. We both love the theme music, too. Friday there will be a post-Thanksgiving spa day for the ladies!!! WOOO HOOO! Lord knows I love a spa day. My friend from NY, my mom, and I will all be going to this awesome spa that I discovered near my house. It is a very Zen spa and I can't wait to just chillax. The men will stay at home with my baby girl and watch football. It is just perfect. Happy Turkey day, Ya'll!

No comments: